Tuesday 14 October 2014

Pesto Chicken Soup

I was inspired to make this soup after reading this blog post. I didn't follow the recipe that Rhonda posted using what ingredients I had on hand and using her post as a inspiration. I did have some homemade pesto sauce but I didn't have beans which would have been great in here too. 

In Rhonda's version, she used chicken sausage which I will have to try since DeLuca's makes a lovely chicken sausage that I think will work well. Even though I used what I had on hand, the pesto gave it some bright and fresh flavour.   


Chicken breast
Chicken stock
Spinach
Pesto
Carrots
Celery
Lemon Grass
Parmesan cheese rinds
Sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...