Sunday 19 October 2014

Pesto Chicken Soup II

I discovered a little Italian market in the neighbourhood that sold some lemon chicken sausage and oh-my-goodness is it ever good. I prefer the lemon chicken sausage over using chicken breasts in this soup. I was planning on adding white beans to the soup but someone beat me to the beans and I didn't have any spinach on hand to add to this version. Still a work in progress....


Lemon Chicken Sausage (casing removed and cut into pieces)
Chicken Stock
Diced Carrots
Diced Celery
Parmesan Cheese rinds
Lemon grass
Pesto

For a light lunch I added a simple cucumber and cherry tomato salad drizzled with some balsamic reduction.  


Happy Eating!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...