Sunday 31 August 2014

Phyllo Crust Apple Pie

This pie is not gluten-free. I made it for the folks who have an abundance of apples from the tree this year. I haven't make this in years but it used to be a favourite family contribution to family dinners. How could I say no? I'm not great at making pie crusts so this is easy way out of that task. And the fact that it is not gluten-free will be good at keeping me from indulging in dessert.  

I've seen gluten-free phyllo pastry in the freezer section at thelocal gluten-free specialty food shop. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe this season I'll try it out with this apple pie recipe.  


Apples
Dried cranberries
Cinnamon
Amaretto
Phyllo pastry
ground nuts (I used walnuts)
melted butter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...