Friday 3 January 2014

Cold Pizza for Breakfast?

No, thank you! I prefer a hot breakfast.


I start with pan frying some gluten-free garlic sausage that has been thinly sliced. You can use any gluten-free meats. Costco has gluten-free Italian sandwich meats that would work wonderfully too.


While the sausage is sizzling I remove a gluten-free pizza crust out of the freezer. (I found these pizza crusts at Safeway in the frozen gluten-free section.)


First, I spread some pizza sauce on the crust before I layer on the garlic sausage. Add whatever toppings you like. I added some thinly sliced fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced onions and topped with grated cheese.


Pop it into a preheated 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted and the edges of the crust have started to brown.

Best part, this breakfast pizza was done from start-to-finish in less than thirty minutes. Now who can argue they don't have time for breakfast?

Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...