Friday 30 March 2012

Spaghetti Squash

I don't know about you but it hurts to dish out over $4.00 to $9.00 (Cdn) for gluten-free corn spaghetti--it is just a little too rich for my blood. I know that rice pasta is cheaper but I'm just not a fan of rice pasta.

I do love pasta so, I'm giving spaghetti squash a try.   This squash is a variety of the winter squash and goes by many aliases. It is also known as vegetable spaghetti, noodle squash spaghetti marrow, squaghetti, gold string melon, and kinshiuri.

What a delicious treat!

And it is healthy too. Check this out: 42 calories based on 1 cup, it is low in saturated fat and low in cholesterol. It is a very good source of dietary fibre and vitamin C along with a good source of niacin, vitamin B6, and potassium.





























I roasted the spaghetti squash in a 375 degree oven. Use a sharp knife to cut into the squash and place flesh down on a cookie sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.





























Looks good! Take a fork and scrap, it comes together like spaghetti. 





























I enjoyed it with my homemade Red Pepper Tomato Sauce.  Yum!

Happy Cooking.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Bagels

While at the library this weekend, I came across a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry cookbook of gluten-free, grain-free, dair...